When your commercial dishwasher is on the fritz, your business operations can suffer. While you may need commercial dishwasher repair in Minneapolis, MN from a professional, it’s helpful to know a few troubleshooting tips. These tips can help you know what to look for if there is an issue and how to prevent future restaurant dishwasher repair from being necessary.
If your dishwasher is leaking…
The first step is to identify the source of the leak. This could be a variety of components. The most likely source is one of the following:
- Boiler or rinse tank: Over time, limescale or rust can build up on the boiler and cause it to leak. If this happens, you’ll probably need to replace it to complete your commercial dishwasher repair in Minneapolis, MN.
- O-rings: Your dishwasher may contain rubber or silicone-based O-rings. These deteriorate with age or due to contact with corrosive fluids. A qualified technician can replace any O-rings that have broken and are resulting in a leak in your machine.
- Door seals: The rubber gasket on the perimeter of the dishwasher door should provide a seal that prevents leaks. However, if the seal is damaged or has become brittle over time, it may need to be replaced.
- Water inlet valve: If this component is not functioning properly, your dishwasher may overflow. If you notice that water is pooling at the bottom of the washer between uses, it’s likely you need to replace this valve.
If your dishwasher isn’t draining…
While there are many reasons that your dishwasher could fail to drain properly, here are two of the most common:
- Drain pump: If the drain pump fails, it will not drain as it should at the end of the cycle. You may be able to clear a blocked drain pump with appropriate restaurant dishwasher repair in Minneapolis, MN, or you may need to replace the pump.
- Impeller: This device rotates to assist with the draining of your dishwasher. Objects in the dishwasher may damage the impeller, or it may wear out over time and need to be replaced.
If your dishwasher isn’t cleaning properly…
When the dishes exit your dishwasher looking less than pristine, it’s time to check the machine for the following issues:
- Dirty filters: Filters must be cleaned and/or replaced regularly. These components trap particles, but if they are dirty, they cannot trap the debris, and the particles will find their way back to your dishes.
- Clogged wash/rinse arms and jets: These components direct the water to effectively clean your dishes. If they become clogged, their performance suffers. Clean your dishwasher regularly to prevent problems with the jets.
Get more tips
Don’t see your problem on this list? For more troubleshooting and repair tips for your commercial dishwasher, contact the experts at Air Climate Control, Inc. Since 1991, we’ve been the area’s go-to source for prompt, reliable commercial service and repair. We offer same-day service and free estimates. Reach us today at 612-879-0609 for more information on commercial dishwasher repair in Minneapolis, MN.